The objective of this project is to reduce length of stay (LOS) in the hospital for newborns diagnoses with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS). The working group will distribute tools obtained from the Vermont Oxford Network (VON) to all participating hospitals. The tool will be used to collect data about management and LOS of babies with NAS from the participating hospitals, which in turn will be used to determine best practices in the care of patients with NAS in the State of Virginia. Recommendations will then be put forward to standardize care in the State to ensure that the best care is provided to these patients and to minimize LOS.
- Partner with Vermont Oxford Network
- Develop best practices for the care of infants with NAS
- Partner with VDH, VHHA and other state groups to implement
- Reduce hospital length of stay for infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS)
- Develop state-wide best practice for the care of infants with NAS
- Build a state-wide collaborative of delivery hospitals for future work.
January 7-11 VON Day Audit
Substance Abuse Disorder in Pregnancy/NAS, Dr. Jenny Fox, Dr. Jon Swanson, Kimberly Simcox, and Shannon Miles