The Virginia Neonatal Perinatal Collaborative exists to ensure that every mother has the best possible perinatal care and every infant cared for in Virginia has the best possible start to life. We believe in an evidence-based, data-driven collaborative process that involves care providers for women, infants and families as well as state and local leaders. We believe that working together now will create a stronger, healthier Virginia in the future.
- To provide assistance to hospitals and obstetric providers in performing quality improvement initiatives designed to improve pregnancy outcomes, including decreasing the preterm birth rate to Healthy People 2030 Goals and to decrease maternal mortality by 50%
- To enhance the quality of state-wide perinatal data and to provide hospital-specific data back to participating hospitals promptly so as to accomplish quality improvement goals
- To provide assistance to hospitals and newborn care providers in performing quality improvement initiatives designed to improve neonatal outcomes, including decreasing morbidity and mortality as well as decreasing length of stay
- To inform and involve the community, including health care providers, nurses, ancillary medical staff, payers, hospital administrators, and, most importantly, families in efforts to make Virginia the safest and best place to deliver babies.
- To narrow the racial and ethnic disparities with the achievement of health equity in pregnancy and neonatal outcomes